February 2, 2013

Book Review · The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo


Title: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Author: Stieg Larsson (Translator: Steven T. Murray)
Narrator: Third person
Publisher: Norstedts Förlag, 2005 (English: Knopf Doubeday, 2008)
Genre: Crime, Mystery, Thriller, Adult
Source: Borders
Review: 4.5 stars out of 5 stars

Stieg Larsson's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo turned out to be a completely different book than I had in mind. The book initially started off rather slow, but that changed almost instantly. This one definitely kept me on the edge of my seat. I read it in about a week and a half. The characters seemed so real, they had so much personality. This story takes place in Stockholm, Sweden. It revolves around the disappearance of a teenage girl 36 years prior to the present date and the lives of the two characters, Mikael Blomkvist and Lisbeth Salander, who are on a mission to uncover what really happened to her. I especially enjoyed the ending. This book is a thriller. There were many unexpected twists and turns that jumped out at me. The book is filled with suspense and mystery. I couldn't give it a perfect score because there were tiny parts in the story that I didn't care for at all, but overall the story was fantastic and very well written. Those tiny parts do not take away from how great this book is. I'd recommend this book to fans of suspense and mystery.

7 comments:

  1. That is a shame that he passed away! This is on my list of books to read. Lovely blog! Xo

    Hailey
    Somethingdevineblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to get back to reading during the little free time I have, so this is good to know!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm your newest follower! Found you through the blog hop! Have you watched the movie?

    Follow back?

    xoxo
    ochibernadas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have seen the movie (2011 version)! As usual, I found the book to be way better.

      Delete
  4. I"ve been looking for a new book to read. THanks for the review :)


    I'm your newest follower from the GFC blog hop
    followme@ www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard SO much about this book- I loved your review though. I didn't know he passed away before he finished writing the series- how unfortunate. loving your blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great review!
    Check out our latest post - Fashion Patrol: Olivia Palermo
    Lots of Love
    Chic Factor Team

    ReplyDelete