May 29, 2014

Book Haul · May 2014


My birthday was this month so of course many books were a result from that.
One new "fun" book, eight new paperback novels, three new hardcover novels.

14,000 Things to be Happy About (2007)
A list of happy things.

The Yellow Eyes of Crocodiles (2013)
A book sensation gets published under the wrong sister's name.

Major Pettigrew's Last Stand (2010)
A local man falls in love with a foreign woman in a village where their bond may not be so welcoming.

The Baker's Daughter (2012)
A German bakery owner with a dark past of the last year of WWII.

The Perfume Collector (2014)
A young woman receives an inheritance from a mystery woman.

Tell the Wolves I'm Home (2013)
After a girl's uncle dies, she meets a strange man who may hold the answers to all her questions.

The Fault in Our Stars (2012)
A girl and boy meet at a cancer support group. They fall in love, I think.

Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore (2013)
A mystery of some sort taking place inside of a bookshop.

Whistling Past the Graveyard (2014)
A child runs away from her grandmother's home.

The Inventor's Secret (2014)
An alternate universe where the American Revolution failed and refugees struggle to survive under a brutal British Empire.

A Burnable Book (2014)
1385 London. The "burnable book" is an ancient prophetic book that foretells the deaths of England's kings.

All The Light We Cannot See (2014)
The lives of a French girl and a German boy collide in occupied France as they try to survive the horror of WWII.

5 comments:

  1. 4 of these were on my books to read, but they all sound good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which ones? I am most excited to read The Inventor's Secret!

      Delete
    2. Tell the Wolves I'm Home, The Fault in Our Stars, Whistling Past the Graveyard & All the Light We Cannot See (did you tell me about that one? I downloaded the preview on my Kindle app a few nights ago). I was going to say, The Inventor's Secret sounds interesting (I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's title, but sometimes I do).

      Delete
    3. The book I told you about was called The Steady Running of the Hour. I got that one in late April.

      Delete
  2. I want to read The Fault in Our Stars, I want to see the movie too! :) I'm reading the 50 shades of Grey and The Pretty Little Liars book set. :)
    www.thepetitemrs.com

    ReplyDelete