Lakeland, Florida

February 22, 2015

Yesterday my mother and I drove to Lakeland, Florida. It's not too far from Tampa. My favorite part of this little trip was walking the downtown area, looking inside the window shops, browsing old books in the local bookshop for hours, and the food we ate. We went straight to the downtown area because as soon as we entered Lakeland, we realized it was a sleepy town. We figured the gems lay in at the heart. We ate sandwiches and drank coffee at a place called Black & Brew Coffee House & Bistro. Later I ventured off to Parker's Books and Collectibles. I'm not sure how long I stayed in there, looking through all the old books and even the old CDs. I easily lose track of time inside the houses of books. Despite the time I spent there, I only purchased one book. Pride & Prejudice & Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith. After I went with my mother to Lake Mirror. It's a photography worthy place, that's for sure. Lakeland Square Mall was our final destination, it's where we ate Dippin' Dots. I was reminded why I used to call this ice cream my favorite. It had been years since I last ate it. Nightfall came soon after, and we began our drive back home.


CHARLENE ZALE
Designed By Hello Manhattan